LEARN HOW TO ADD AN EMAIL ACCOUNT ON OUTLOOK
Although most people add an email account when Outlook first runs, their primary or additional email accounts can be added at any time.
(In addition to our guide you can also watch this video How to manually add an email account that teaches you how to create an account step by step.)
1. Click on the Files tab.
2. Under Account Settings, click Add Account.
3. Enter your name, email address, and password and click Next.
A progress indicator is displayed while your account is set up. The setup process may take a few minutes.
If the initial attempt to set up your account fails, a second attempt may be made using an unencrypted connection to the mail server. If you see this message, click Next to continue. If the unencrypted connection also fails, your email account cannot be set up automatically.
Click Retry or select the Manually configure server settings check box.
In case of setting manually:
1. Click Internet Mail and then Next.
2. In User Information, do the following:
a. In the Name box, type your name as you want it to appear to others.
b. In the Email Address box, type the full email address assigned by the email administrator or lSP. Include the username, the @ symbol, and the domain name, for example, email@example.com
c. In the Password and Confirm Password boxes, type the password that you created or assigned it.
3. In Server Information, do the following:
a. In the Account Type list, choose POP3 (download email to your PC) or IMAP (read email on the server, without downloading it to your PC).
b. In the Incoming mail server box, type the fully qualified server name provided by your ISP or email administrator. This is often mail followed by the domain name, for example, mail.fullscreen.com.
c. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type the fully qualified server name provided by your ISP or email administrator. This is often mail followed by the domain name, for example, mail.fullscreen.com.
4. Under Login Information, do the following:
a. In the Username box, type the full email address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org
b. In the Password box, type the password that you created or provided by your ISP or email administrator.
c. Select the Remember password check box.
5. Your email account may require one or more of the following additional settings. Contact your ISP if you have questions about what settings to use for your email account.
6. SMTP authentication. Click More Settings. On the Outbound tab, select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box.
7. Click Next.
By default, the Test Account Settings check box by clicking the Next button is selected. This option checks if the account is working. If you have incorrect or missing information, such as your password, you will be prompted to enter or correct it.
8. Click Finish.